The Simpson Strong-Tie® RCKW rigid connectors have been developed to resist overturning moment at the base of exterior kneewalls and parapets as well as interior partial-height walls. These connectors offer a unique anchor-hole pattern that permits anchorage to both concrete and structural steel, with the larger hole designed to accommodate 1/2″-diameter concrete screws such as the Simpson Strong-Tie Titen HD®. The RCKWS is a heavy 171 mil (7 ga.) stiffener that nests onto the RCKW clip. The screw holes and anchor holes in the stiffener line up with those in the RCKW clip, making fastener and anchor installation a snap. The RCKW clip and RCKWS stiffener are sold separately.
- Material: 171 mil (7 ga.), 33 ksi
- Finish: Galvanized (G90)
- 10 count per box
- Anchorage legs incorporate stiffened flanges, improving overturning moment resistance
- Large-diameter anchor hole accommodates 1/2″-diameter concrete screws and wedge anchors, such as the Simpson Strong-Tie Titen HD heavy-duty screw and the Strong-Bolt® 2 wedge anchor
- Additional smaller-diameter anchor holes enable attachment to structural steel through use of #12 self-drilling screws
- Attachment to CMU can be achieved with use of Titen® concrete and masonry screws
- For the RCKWS: 171 mil (7 ga.) stiffeners are secured to the RCKW clip with screws, optimizing overturning moment resistance and stiffness
- Use all specified screw fasteners. To achieve tabulated load values, use #12-14 screws according to the screw patterns shown.
- When using the RCKWS, secure the stiffener to the clip with the specified screw fasteners. Screws must be at least 1″ long and extend through the connection with a minimum of three exposed threads.
- Use all specified anchors. To achieve tabulated stiffness values, the installation torque for 1/2″-diameter anchors shall be at least 17 ft.-lb.
- When using the 1/2″-diameter Simpson Strong-Tie Titen HD anchor, the bottom track must be predrilled or punched with a 3/4″-diameter hole.